Bioesthetic dentistry is an innovative and trusted method for restoring an optimal state of equilibrium, comfort, and function within the teeth, jaw joints, nerves, muscles, lips, tongue, mouth, and face. The minimally invasive treatment process addresses the root cause of dysfunction, offers predictable healing results with long-term sustainability, and prevents further degradation of the oral system.
Bioesthetic Dentistry FAQs
- Disharmony within the bite can be associated with a wide array of signs and symptoms:
- Intra-Oral Indications: broken teeth, worn teeth, or gum recession
- Systemic Symptoms: sore/tender jaw muscles, chronic headaches, neck/shoulder pain, limited ability to open mouth widely, clenching or grinding, jaw clicking or popping, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), digestive problems, and difficulty chewing
At Dr. Sharon Dickerson, our process of thorough diagnosis begins with the comprehensive exam. During this appointment, the patient and Dr. Dickerson will begin by reviewing the patient’s dental concerns, oral and holistic health history, and primary goals for care. With this information in mind, the dentist will then proceed with an intra-oral examination. Dr. Dickerson will implement her expertise by carefully analyzing the mouth for any signs of disharmony between the bite and the jaw joints. Oftentimes, this process also includes capturing a detailed analysis of 2D and 3D imagery (utilizing our advanced low-radiation x-ray machines). Through this gentle process, any indication of TMJ or bite problems will be systematically uncovered and discussed.
Dr. Sharon Dickerson has been practicing this technique of bite rejuvenation for over 20 years and now serves on the Board of Education for the accrediting body OBI.
“Bioesthetic dentistry is the only discipline that uses optimal natural dental system biology as the guide for comprehensive diagnosis and treatment. The best human dental systems are not random. The scientific validity of this approach has been proven at the clinical level with quantifiable, existence-based, living morphology.”
– James R. Benson, DDS
In practice, the jaw is gently stabilized into its most physiologically stable position. Natural tooth form is then added where necessary to bring the jaw and the bite into long-term harmony. This organic approach serves as a major differentiating factor between this form of bite therapy and other modalities.
- After completing the bite rejuvenation process, our patients experience restored equilibrium of the oral structures. This modality routinely:
- Relieves symptoms related to jaw and bite discrepancies
- Promotes and maintains a healthy chewing system
- Supports systemic health and lymphatic flow
- Positively impacts the nervous system
- Creates a sustainable, natural, and youthful smile
- Restores comfort and functionality of the bite
“Dr Sharon Dickerson and her entire staff is absolutely amazing! I had been looking for a biological dentist for over a year when I came across her website. The whole office is so warm, kind and caring. They truly want to help you in any way they can. Ive had nothing short of a positive experience here!””I wish I would have found Dr. Dickerson years ago! I met Dr. Dickerson in 2017 after doing a search for OBI specialists in the Denver area. Dr. Dickerson took the time to address my jaw and teeth concerns in a straightforward manner. She has a holistic approach that I value greatly, and she is dedicated to delivering high-quality dental care at very fair rates. I am grateful to have found a good fit. The staff at Dr. Sharon Dickerson is great–they are personable and very responsive. I look forward to my visits!”